AB’s log

Forums Workouts AB’s log

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    anna begins
    Participant

hey i’m new here..

I’m a 23yo old male 6’1″ and weigh roughly 174lb

Said i’d keep a log as maybe i’ll be more strict on myself!

L1D1 – 18 rounds

Just to clarify – I did the pull-ups from dead hang up to dead hang down.. about 4 secs ( 2 & 2) hands at shoulder width.. is this right? (found them extremely difficult after round 12…

I also got push-up handles (they came with the chin-up bar) so they’re makin the push-ups a little better for form..

Squats seem to be no problem..

Also on day 3 am i sposed to do 10 pull-ups dead hang? I can do pull-ups but i can;t do 10 dead-hang in a row.. can i do 5 stop and then do 5? As long as i count it in the final time?

Thanks hope to hear from you guys.

good luck..

Norman
    Participant

Welcome here AB !

You will find that keeping a log indeed helps.

I also do dead hand pullups. You can mix pullups and chinups.

On D3 it’s the same technique, but you don’t have to do 10 pullups in a row though… 5+5 is okay, 2+2+2+2+2 is okay also etc …

Have fun !

anna begins
    Participant

Cheers Norman, where are you positioning your hands on the bar? Or are you mixing it up?

L1D2 – 6:24

I had to leave 2 days before i could do day 2.. think i pulled every muscle in my upper body on day 1.. still sore..

this could have been alot better only for i was in pain!

splint
    Participant

A chin-up uses a palm facing you grip. A pull-up uses a palms-away grip. You can also use a mixed grip.

Chin-ups will bring the biceps into play more and are generally easier for most people. Pull-ups really target the back and are generally harder because less supporting muscles are used.

Play with it, mix it around.

anna begins
    Participant

L1D3 – 12:39

pretty dissapointed with that.. i just couldnt do the chin-ups without a good few breaks..

Hopefully i’ll improve this week..

ucffool
    Participant

That’s the hard part for nearly everyone… don’t worry, you are looking to improve, not be perfect. Good work!

anna begins
    Participant

Cheers,

L1D4 – 19 Rounds

Not much of an improvement, arms still gave up on my but i didn’t feel as wrecked afterwards.

anna begins
    Participant

L1D5 – 4:57

Getting better!

Kakihara
    Participant

Well done, that’s pretty cool that you knocked almost 90 seconds off your time!!

When are you levelling up? I did it after 2 weeks as you can compare times from you previous week.

ucffool
    Participant

I would assume a level up for anna begins to be a little while off, while his day 3 time comes down to < 5 minutes.

anna begins
    Participant

L1D6 – 8:00

Shaved off a good bit there.

So you reckon another week off L1? I’d like to do another one so i can do the 10 dead hang chin-ups with no breaks. if i can do that i will be able to do day 3 in < 5:00min. Thanks again for comments.

anna begins
    Participant

L1D7 – 22 Rounds (week 3)

anna begins
    Participant

L1D8 – 4:36 (week 3)

ucffool
    Participant

Don’t level up till you get Day 3 down to less than 5 minutes.

anna begins
    Participant

L1D9 – 4:10

Hopefully it won’t take 3 weeks for every level… My chin-up’s have gotten a lot better though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.