Alain’s log

Forums Workouts Alain’s log

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    villatour
    Participant

March 29: Level 4 Workout 1: 14 rounds in 20:47 min

imported_Admin
    Participant

Nice work and welcome

Norman
    Participant

Welcome !

villatour
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome messages.

day 2, level 4. Took me about 10 minutes. Had to struggle with pushups in the last 2 sets. Squats relatively easy for me, as usual, but for pullups I had to switch to an overhand grip .

villatour
    Participant

level 4, day 3, took me only 7 min. I know it says to move up another level if it takes you less than 5 minutes to finish a wod. It’s not less than 5 min, but I don’t think I’m ready to move up to level 5. For the pullups I had to break them into 5 sets of 4, and the last one I could barely do. Plus of course I had to change grips… The last pushup I couldn’t finish; almost fell flat on my face.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Those are just guidelines, fee free to change levels at your own discretion.

villatour
    Participant

I’m doing the crossfit protocol of 3 days work 1 day off, so I do a simplefit workout, then next day I do a wod that’s not pullup, pushup, or squat centric, then do the next simplefit workout next day. Yesterday I did a workout I found on BrandX’s site: the burpee ladder. You do 20 burpees, walk to the other end of the room, do 19 burpees, walk again, do 18, and so on, all the way till 1. I actually began with 10 and it was pretty tough but I could’ve done more. Next time I’ll try 15.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Good stuff!

villatour
    Participant

Level 4, day 2: 9 min 50 secs. This time I tried to do wide grip pullups and succeeded in the first 4 sets. Last one I did closed grip chinups. Last pushup set had to break into smaller sets. Squats, no problem. Maybe should do pistols instead. To the shower now! And then… breakfast!!!

villatour
    Participant

Level 4, day 3 (50 squats instead of 41): 8 min 30 secs. Pullups were again very hard. Pushups a bit better than last time.

villatour
    Participant

5 rounds for time

4 pull-ups

4 one arm push-ups

4 one legged squats

Took me 9 min 32 secs. Did 1 arm pushups on a bench a foot and a half tall, and even so they were hard.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Great work!

villatour
    Participant

level 4, day 2: 8:57. Almost one full minute less than last time!!! Pullupd, as usual, were a bastard. The last 2 sets I had to do chinups. But wide grip pullups felt a little better in the first 2 sets than last time.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Thats good progress, keep up the great work

villatour
    Participant

My workouts have been lasting 10 minutes max and although they’ve been brutal, I decided to go up one level so I’ll be working out longer each session. Today I did level 5 day 2 and it took me 10.20 secs. Not as long as I’d thought, which is good I guess. Only the first 2 sets of pullups did I manage to do with a wide grip; for the remaining 3 I had to do chinups, and broken in shorter sets at that. Still I’m happy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.