Andre’s log

Forums Workouts Andre’s log

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    andre66
    Participant

Hey guys,

Just did my first workout yesterday, have been doing kettlebells for the last three months, but really want to work on bodyweight exercises right now.

LEVEL ONE

Week 1-Day one

29 rounds for 20 minutes

First five rounds I did proper full dead hang pull ups and the rest of the rounds were done band assisted. I was pretty happy with my push up technique, been flaring my elbows out for years but now I am concentrating on keeping them in nice and tight.

andre66
    Participant

I just realized with my assisted pull ups that I should have been doing 3 instead of just one, oh well I’m going to be redoing level one anyway so I will just finish out the week properly and work on it again next week.

andre66
    Participant

Level 1 day 2

:38

:43

:42

:40

:40

3:18 total time

I really enjoyed today, mostly because I was able to get proper pull ups for all five rounds without having to resort to assistance. It will be interesting to see how many pull ups I can do on day 3, probably break them into separate sets to get a little rest.

KTG
    Participant

Great start! Welcome on board.

andre66
    Participant

Thanks KTG,

I actually read through most of your log yesterday, very inspiring!

andre66
    Participant

Level 1 day 3

Pull ups-2.2,1

Assisted pull ups-6,3,3,2,1

Push ups-5,5,5,3.3

Squats-21

Time:8:03

It definitely does not help to be carrying the extra bodyfat but 3 months ago I couldn’t do one pull up. Looking forward to next week and I can start this cycle all over again and see where I am at on level one day one.

andre66
    Participant

Week 2

L1D1

21 rounds

I did the round properly this time, when I switched to assisted pull ups i did 3 for every one push up.this reduced my total rounds of course but I did manage 8 rounds with a full pull up as opposed to last week of 5 full pull ups.

Went pretty well I thought, looking forward to Wednesday.

JoJo
    Participant

Keep it up! You’ll be amazed how fast you progress.

andre66
    Participant

Week 2

L1D2

:38

:36

:33

:32

:32

Total time=2:51

first round was the same time and improved time on last four. I think my push ups were faster, I felt stronger doing them. Managed to get all my pull ups in but they are definitely the weak link.

I just bought the primal blueprint a couple of days ago so today is the first day of eating a different way, hope to lose some bodyfat and have at least some of the results that Cheapo has had.

230lbs
    Participant

Those times are incredible! Good job! How much do you weigh right now?

andre66
    Participant

230lbs wrote:

Those times are incredible! Good job! How much do you weigh right now?

I weigh 192lbs, started watching my calories in February when I weighed 207lbs. I am using the simplefit android app on my phone to keep track of my workouts, it’s pretty handy to have.

KTG
    Participant

Nice progress on those pull-ups!

andre66
    Participant

Thanks, I’m enjoying it.

andre66
    Participant

Week two

Level 1 Day 3

Suprised myself and made it under 5 minutes today!

PULL UPS

No assisted pull ups today, very, very happy with this.

PUSH UPS

SQUATS

Time=3:37

It must be the two pounds I lost this week because I really wasn’t expecting this result! I thought I would be doing week one again.

brmc72
    Participant

You blew day three out of the water! Excellent work on the un-assisted pull-ups…those definitely seem to be the most difficult part for most people around here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.