Chuck’s Fitness Log

Forums Workouts Chuck’s Fitness Log

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chuck
    Participant

Hello,

Found this site while reading about Crossfit and this looked like a very good place to start.

About me…35, 190lbs, 5’10” and vastly out of shape…would like to lose weight, lower my body fat % dramatically, and get into better shape. It would be nice to fit into some of the size 32 jeans I still have…

There is some work to do along the lines of diet as well, not so much a quality issue as a portion size issue and habitual snacking on sweets.

Starting on L1D1…20x using reverse push-ups as the substitution for pull-ups (3:1). Not sure how to feel about this as reading the workout it didn’t seem that bad but after doing D1 I felt it all over…even my quads.

A little worried about the push-ups, found my wrists were quite sore. Hopefully this will improve.

Anyway wish me luck,

Chuck

imported_Admin
    Participant

do the push ups on your knuckles it is much easier on the wrists, just pad the knuckles if you need to starting out.

volleyball_man
    Participant

Admin wrote:

do the push ups on your knuckles it is much easier on the wrists, just pad the knuckles if you need to starting out.

yep.

Chuck
    Participant

nt

Chuck
    Participant

9mins 15 secs with slow controlled movements and reverse push-ups at 3:1 for pull-ups.

Was very surprised that the workout left me as sore as it did…maybe it means it is working.

Will have to look for resistance bands for assisted pull-ups as the pull-up bar is the least used item in our work gym while the squat rack is probably the most (that is where I have been doing the reverse pull-ups).

Charles

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.