Clarification Question

Forums Fitness training Clarification Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    donaldduckfan
    Participant

Good morning,

I have a question on a workout under the heading “For Time”. For example:

for time

20 pull-ups

41 push-ups

41 squats

Do this mean you do this workout continually for 20 minutes? Or does one try to complete the reps listed for each workout as quickly as possible?

If it is the latter, are you doing pullups until you hit 20 (eg 5/5/5/5). pushups until you hit 41 (30/10), etc., as quickly as you can, or, do you mix it up…I can’t do 20 pull-ups, so, would I do 8 pullups, 25 pushups, 30 squats and then 8 pullups, 15 pushups, 10 squats and so on?

On the other hand, simply complete four rounds of each of the following exercises reps as fast quickly as possible?

5 rounds for time

4 pull-ups

12 push-ups

20 squats

And is there any rule of thumb regarding progression from one level to the next? For example, for the five rounds, the trainee should be able to get that workout done in 10 minutes or less?

Thanks –

[img]http://vanessaleighsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/donald-duck.jpg[/img]

cheapo
    Participant

Read this.

donaldduckfan
    Participant

Cheapo,

Thanks. Several of us saw your before/after pictures on Mark Sisson’s site and were blown away by the results. There are people who lift weights for years and never get close to what you achieved. Keep up the great work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.