cottge cheese that tastes good

Forums Nutrition cottge cheese that tastes good

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    scumdogg
    Participant

Ok, I know that dairy doesn’t really mesh with a paleo diet but I can’t help but include some. Lately I’ve been buying the single serving sizes of Nordica cottage cheese with fruit on the bottom. I’ve grown to like plain cottage cheese, but now that they’ve included some fruit with it, I absolutely love it. Based on the label each serving is 90 calories with 0g fat, 11g protein, 10g carbs and (for you ladies out there) 20% of the recommended daily intake of calcium. So even though dairy isn’t very paleo, I think that I can sneak some of these in without feeling too guilty.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Yeah, it is all about striking a balance do whatever works for you.

fatnutritionist
    Participant

LOVE this stuff. A bit high in sugar but great to get a snack under 100 calories with 11 grams of protein! They are always in our fridge.

volleyball_man
    Participant

I just put plain, lowfat cottage cheese with unsweetened applesauce and some nuts. YUMMY!

Tara
    Participant

The best cottage cheese that I have ever had is by Friendship Dairies. It is their 1%; you can buy it regular or whipped (if texture is an issue.) I can eat it plain, but mostly have it with some pepper, scallions, and a few almonds (I like savory better than sweet.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.