Day 3 question…do you count rest time?

Forums Fitness training Day 3 question…do you count rest time?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Blueraider_mike
    Participant

I started on level 7…so D3 is 40/80/80…how do you know when to move up…

I did the workout in 14:20…I compared myself to others using the site and saw times around 5 minutes…is that right? Are they counting any rest time?

I am starting my second week of this today, so I will do level 7 again this week.

Ghokun
    Participant

Do a Day 3. If you can do that Day 3 work out under 5 minutes, you can advance to the next level.

Darrel
    Participant

Yep, rest time is counted in D3.

The reason you’re seeing a lot of times around the 5 minute mark is because the Simplefit rule of thumb is to level up when we can do D3 in less than 5 minutes.

It’s entirely up to you what level you work at but personally I’d consider dropping down to Level 4 or 5 and then working your way up. Without knowing your current situation (age, current fitness, diet etc.) jumping straight into L7 may be a bit too much but of course that’s just my opinion.

Blueraider_mike
    Participant

Darrel wrote:

Yep, rest time is counted in D3.

The reason you’re seeing a lot of times around the 5 minute mark is because the Simplefit rule of thumb is to level up when we can do D3 in less than 5 minutes.

It’s entirely up to you what level you work at but personally I’d consider dropping down to Level 4 or 5 and then working your way up. Without knowing your current situation (age, current fitness, diet etc.) jumping straight into L7 may be a bit too much but of course that’s just my opinion.

I am in decent shape…I did L7D1 today…I did 20 rounds in 20 minutes. I don’t see how dropping on D1 and D2 is going to help me for D3 if I can manage the workouts…

Now 5 minutes will be tough, I know I can improve on 14 minutes…

volleyball_man
    Participant

Try L6D3 and see if you are under 5.

Blueraider_mike
    Participant

volleyball_man wrote:

Try L6D3 and see if you are under 5.

OK, may try this…I just don’t see if you hold good form – Pull up all the way up and all the way down, Push ups w/chest touching floor and a full range squat how you are to do 40 pullups/80 push ups and 80 squats in 5 minutes.

zorg
    Participant

You can kip.

splint
    Participant

Remember there is a fine line between good form and intensity. This doesn’t mean that good form isn’t something to strive for, but as far as Day 3 goes, you’re looking for intensity and while good form and strict movements have their place, doing Day 3 with perfect form over 10 minutes, isn’t as intense as using 80% perfect form and completing in 5 minutes.

Blueraider_mike
    Participant

zorg wrote:

You can kip.

Newbie here, what is kip?

cheapo
    Participant

This is kipping (.wmv)

kingmaker
    Participant

I think rest time do count in Day3….

cheapo
    Participant

‘fraid so. ;)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.