Day of Durvish

Forums Fitness Goals Day of Durvish

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    durvish
    Participant

After 15 years of smoking I am now in week 6 of NOT smoking!

I will start Simplefit tonight with L1D1 and post results in the work out log section!

oh yeah

about to turn 37 in 2 weeks

6’1″

230 lbs

overweight an unfit

Goals:

I have a pair of board shorts and a pair of jeans that are 32″ waist — I would like to be able to 1) fit in the things 2) not only fit in them but be able to wear them without my waist hanging over them! 😯 and without a shirt!

volleyball_man
    Participant

Welcome!

I’ve battled nicotine addiction for years. This go around I’ve been smoke free for 5+ years. Very difficult task – unless you don’t want it to be. Definitely a mind game!

Good luck with all of your goals. Whatever happens – don’t smoke!

imported_Admin
    Participant

Hey congrats! quiting smoking was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

Keep it up!

rob
    Participant

congtats durvish on being a quitter 😉 . i see we have similar goals . i will be watching you 8)

ucffool
    Participant

Never smoked, never will… but none-the-less, congrats on quitting and good luck!

davidmk
    Participant

Hey Durvish,

I just read your goals. I quit smoking, too, in December. So far so good. I hope you are doing well.

My motivation came from many different directions, but it came down to being in control of my life and as much as I can, my death. No need to hasten it. Anyway, this is your goals, not mine, so I will stop.

I wanted to share a web site that I read for a few hours a couple days before I quit, and then later, here and there, for some extra motivation.

http://whyquit.com/

David

cheapo
    Participant

Hello Durvish:

You and I have similar stats. I am 6’0″ tall and when I started SF I weighed 218 lbs. I am 38. And I used to wear a 32″ waist back in 1996. (I am not a smoker however.)

I am really enjoying SF, it is hard, and I do enjoy my rest days, but on those rest days I find myself looking forward to the next workout.

Best of luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.