DJJD’s Log

Forums Workouts DJJD’s Log

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    djjd5000
    Participant

Day 1, Level 1 – Monday November 9

14 rounds in 20 mins — 3 complete pull-ups, the remainder were alternates between using the “towel” method, and doing assited pull-ups w/ a chair.

Ran 20 mins after

djjd5000
    Participant

Day 2, Level 1 – Wednesday November 11 (Happy Rememberance Day to the Canadians out there)

Completed in 19 mins, 17 seconds. All pull-ups done fully.

Ran 20 mins after.

Then I bought groceries.

skullies
    Participant

the grocery trip woulda put me over the edge….:D

nice on the running, i need to reincorporate cardio into my workouts as well..been very bad about that lately.

djjd5000
    Participant

Day 3, Level 1 – Saturday November 14

Completed in 4 mins, 57 seconds. Had to rush the squats to get under the 5 min mark…

Does this mean I am ready for level 2 or should I stick with level 1 for another week?

** Also – correction on Day 2, Level 1 — I accidently counted the rest time… taking the rest time out makes around 7 mins and 17 seconds.

I completed my first week of simplefit! Yeah!!

Ruli
    Participant

whether to level up after you’ve done D3 under 5 mins , is a personal choice.

my approach is to do another week on the same lvl.

given the fact that you’ve just managed to get in under 5 mins, coupled with the fact that you had to rush your squats (you could have compremised form), i’d definately do another week of L1.

djjd5000
    Participant

Thanks Ruli — I’ll play it safe and do another week of level 1, focusing on form.

djjd5000
    Participant

Day 1, Level 1 – Monday November 16

23 rounds in 20 mins – 20 complete pull-ups (for the most part), the remainder were substitutions of jumping up and holding myself in the pull-up position for as long as possible.

djjd5000
    Participant

Day 2, Level 1 – Wednesday November 18

Completed in 5 minutes, 10 seconds, not counting rest time.

Experiencing some pain on the back of my righht arm, above the elbow but below the tricep.

Ruli
    Participant

be careful with that pain that you are experiencing. although not quite the same, i had a similar experience a while ago, just on the inside of my arm. turned out to be tendinitis. the result – i had my last workout on the 10th august. been resting the injury ever since to heal it. i’m almost ready to start SF again though.

djjd5000
    Participant

Hmmm… Thanks for the advice Ruli,

How would one go about minimizing the chances of this happening? Do I stop the workout now? What can I do to make sure I can continue to do simplefit without injury?

Ruli
    Participant

unfortunately i do not have an answer to that question – i asked the same question a while ago in anticipation to my “return” to SF.

i wouldn’t stop if i were you. your injury is on the outside of your arm, which suggest that is is more than likely not tendinitis.

djjd5000
    Participant

Day 3, Level 1 – Monday November 23

Completed in 4 mins, 19 seconds including rest.

Going to take the rest of Thanksgiving week off to rest… and will start Level 2 next week!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

djjd5000
    Participant

Day 1, Level 2 – Tuesday December 1

18 rounds in 20 mins – Used my doorframe pull-up bar for the first time. Sweet. Nice not to have to leave my place to workout.

]d

djjd5000
    Participant

Day 2, Level 2 – Thursday December 3

I think it took me around 11 mins to complete all five reps for level 2, not including rest time… definitly was a challenge. Oucho!

djjd5000
    Participant

Day 3, Level 2 – Saturday December 5

Completed in 5 mins, 48 seconds. I fail! Have to repeat level 2 next week…

Crap this is hard :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.