August 28, 2008 at 11:17 am #105900FunWithAGunParticipant
Okay – so here’s my log. I hope I remember to update this regularly.
As a test I did the L5D3 yesterday:
My modifications: I do VERY strict (and pretty slow) dead hang chin-ups – no momentum whatsoever. I might need to change this in future to level up… Furthermore I swapped Kettlebell-Swings for the Squats (my knee plays up sometimes). Kettlebell swings only take slightly longer than the squats.
The workout was pretty tough and I need to work on my chin-ups – can’t do more than 11 at a time… That’s my bottleneck. But I’ll keep at it – I will resume the program normally Monday next week and will keep posting here (I will continue at level 5).
I will also try to take a pic so you guys can see my progress.
Dietwise: I am eating healthy (every 2-3 hours) and trying to incorporate more “paleo” stuff as I go along. And exercise-wise: I do some Gym work and as much Kettlebell work as I can without burning myself out. So far, so good
Thanks for listening and cheers,
TheoSeptember 2, 2008 at 2:24 pm #116392cheapoParticipant
Your time is about where mine is, so I’ll tell you its a great time! (Especially with dead hang pull-ups!) I have been on L5 for a while. I gather it takes some time to move through it.
How many rounds are you getting on D1?September 5, 2008 at 9:57 am #116393FunWithAGunParticipant
Sorry for the late answer, have been busy with work this week.
Thanks for your post and input. I appreciate it
Anyway regarding your question: I will post here on Monday with my D1 stats. I have been working out at the Gym this week so I didn’t get to do my simplefit program (too sore… – still!).
Speaking of which…
Tuesday (Gym) workout:
* 3 x supersets consisting of 12 x 137,5 lbs Squats + 12 x 88 lbs deadlifts – 1-2 minutes rest between sets
* 3 x supersets consisting of max dead-hang chin-ups (did 10, 7, 5) + 8 x bent over dumbbell row (@ 40 lbs per Dumbbell) – 1-2 minutes rest between sets (really feeling my grip now…)
* 3 x supersets consisting of 10 x 132 lbs bench-presses + 8 Dumbbell flies (@ 22 lbs per dumbbell) 1-2 minutes rest between sets
* 3 x 8 Dumbbell snatches to really finish myself off – first right arm, then left (@ 40 lbs dumbbell) – 1-2 minutes rest between sets
All exercises in the supersets done back to back.
Man, I was really fatigued at the end. Similar workout due tomorrow, hehe
Thanks and cheers,
PS: Will post some pics soon.
PPS: Currrent stats are –> 149 lbs, 15% BF (based on my shitty scales – think it might be lower absolute…), 5’5″ (not the tallest, hehe
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.