Go back to level 1?

Forums Fitness training Go back to level 1?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jalyn
    Participant

I’m a female in my late 30’s and on Week 43 (woot!). When I started simplefit, I couldn’t do one pushup, much less a pullup. I did pushups on my knees and jumping pullups. When I was able to do pushups on my toes I started over with L1D1. I’ve built back up to Level 4 and I’m *that* close to doing an unassisted pullup. If I jump on the first one and only lower 3/4 of the way down on the second, I can pull myself back up w/o help. (I know, that sounds pathetic, but I’m really excited!).

So this week I started over on L1D1 with the intention of not moving up a level until I can do all 10 pullups on judgement day unassisted. I finished day 3 today in 2min 53 sec. But I only did 3, 3, 2 and 2 on the pullups. So, am I on the right track here? I’m afraid I’ll lose my hard earned progress in pushups and squats, but I’m dying to get that first “real” pullup!!!

Thanks for any advice.

Jonathan22
    Participant

I’m of the opinion that you are on the right track. Congrats!

cheapo
    Participant

You are allowed to level up without doing all pull-ups in one set. 3, 3, 2 and 2 is just fine.

I don’t think I have ever done all the Day 3 pull-ups in one shot, but last week I did 28 in a row. Too bad L7D3 calls for 40!

Jalyn
    Participant

Thanks guys! And congrats on *28* pullups in a row!! I can’t even fathom! :)

cheapo
    Participant

28 kipping pull-ups is a new PR for me, not a run-of-the-mill result.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.