Hello, new to Simplefit

Forums Fitness training Hello, new to Simplefit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jasonb
    Participant

Hi There,

My name is Jason and I’m just about to start Simplefit. A friend of mine turned me on to Crossfit last week. I did one day of it, reviewed all of the prior workouts and realized that: 1. I’m not in great shape (yet) and 2. I would rather focus on some basic structured exercises before jumping into something as varied as Crossfit (which, I think will be good down the road).

I just wanted to introduce myself and plan to soon post my goals and keep a log of my workouts. I’m turning 40 this August and don’t want to be overweight/out of shape as I have been in my 30’s.

Take care,

Jason

zorg
    Participant

Welcome!

simplefit is a very good start to improve your general fitness. Just start at an appropriate level, and progress will come. Give it a few months, you’ll know when to add stuff :)

volleyball_man
    Participant

Jason – welcome.

It’s not too late! Several of us “old folks” in here 😆

Have fun and ask.

jasonb
    Participant

Thanks, volley_man & zorg – much appreciated. I just posted my first workout in the workout logs section.

hankjmatt
    Participant

Welcome!

LOL

I am new here 2.. :D

youngmiki13
    Participant

Hi! I am also new here…still do not have much strength but my friend (who introduced me to this) said that I do not have to worry. However he is worried that I might quit on him. haha…

cheapo
    Participant

I too turn 40 in a short while.

I’ve been at SimpleFit for a year and a quarter.

It works.

Even if you don’t post them here, you should take a few pictures of yourself now, against which you can gauge your progress. Your body composition will change and tracking your weight will not tell the whole story.

If you’ve got questions, ask away!

Welcome aboard.

Ruli
    Participant

looks like we could start a “40’s” club – i turn 40 on thursday the 6th!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.