itsscience’s log

Forums Workouts itsscience’s log

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    itsscience
    Participant

L3D1: 28 Rounds

Hello everyone. A little background: I’m 27 years old, 6’0″ tall. For most of my adult life I have been 145 pounds with spaghetti arms and a pot belly. Right now I am 154 pounds, but that’s after gaining muscle and losing fat, so I am in MUCH better shape than I’ve ever been before. Having never exercised on any regular basis, I moved into a new apartment last year that has a pullup bar and some machines, and I fell into the habit of using them. I had no aim and just kind of made up my own program, though, and I’ve hit a plateau. My body is not changing anymore. I feel I need to switch over to a set regimen that is constantly challenging. Also, I’m reading how working out on Nautilus machines is inefficient and can give you a lot of bad habits that need to be undone for a real strength training program. I don’t have easy access to free weights, don’t have a workout partner, and right now I don’t have the time it would take to work out all the inevitable form issues of a complete beginner, so bodyweight training with a pullup bar is a good fit for me. I’m starting off on level 3 and working out on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

The workout I have been doing until recently has been two days on, one day off, consisting of:

Pullups: 4 sets to failure (typical numbers are 13, 8, 7, 7)

Pec Machine : warm up with light weights, then go to failure with 120 lbs.

Rows: warm up with light weights, then do 15 at 135 lbs.

Dips: 16

Sit ups: 60 at an incline

“Bench Presses” on a Nautilus machine: warm up with light weights, then go to failure at 90 lbs.

I also run between 1 and 4 miles 5 days a week, which I know is not advisable for someone who wants to gain weight, but it keeps me feeling good.

itsscience
    Participant

L3D2:

I had never done a bodysquat before starting this program, so my legs are sore.

itsscience
    Participant

L3D2:

itsscience
    Participant

L3D2:

itsscience
    Participant

L3D2:

itsscience
    Participant

L3D3:

I broke it down in this order:

11 pullups

33 squats

21 pushups

5 pullups

12 pushups

Overall time: 2:30

I was not expecting that kind of time. My groin is very sore but it didn’t affect my range of motion on the squats. I need to resist the urge to go running over the next couple of days to get over my soreness for the next endurance workout.

itsscience
    Participant

L3D3:

11 pullups

33 squats

21 pushups

5 pullups

12 pushups

I was not expecting that kind of time. My groin is very sore but it didn’t affect my range of motion on the squats. I need to resist the urge to go running over the next couple of days to get over my soreness for the next endurance workout.

itsscience
    Participant

L3D3:

11 pullups

33 squats

21 pushups

5 pullups

12 pushups

itsscience
    Participant

L3D3:

11 pullups

33 squats

21 pushups

5 pullups

12 pushups

itsscience
    Participant

L4D1: 28 rounds.

I got 22 rounds done in the first 14 minutes and felt like I was going to vomit.

I think I have been holding my feet at too wide an angle when doing the squats. When I put them more parallel, the strain on my groin went away.

itsscience
    Participant

I got 22 rounds done in the first 14 minutes and felt like I was going to vomit.

I think I have been holding my feet at too wide an angle when doing the squats. When I put them more parallel, the strain on my groin went away.

itsscience
    Participant

itsscience
    Participant

itsscience
    Participant

L4D2:

1:11

1:09

1:10

1:08

5:49 Total

itsscience
    Participant

L4D2:

1:09

1:10

1:08

5:49 Total

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.