JK’s log

Forums Workouts JK’s log

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    invisiblejk
    Participant

May be Simplefit will work when nothing else worked.

Level 1, D1: 20 rounds (pull up using band in a door, did not do 3 subs)

brmc72
    Participant

Welcome to the boards @invisiblejk! 20 rounds on day one is a solid start!

invisiblejk
    Participant

Week1, L1D2: 11m35s. I sweated.

It took me two days to recover from L1D1. I was hungry and energetic for these two days. Can’t believe one 20min exercise has such immediate rewards.

andre66
    Participant

You will definitely benefit from this workout, good luck!

invisiblejk
    Participant

W1,L1,D3:15m51s. Nice palindrome. I find the pushups to be the hardest for me.

KTG
    Participant

Nice start. In my view simplefit works because it takes a relatively minimal amount of time (20 minutes 3x/week) and because it has clear metrics for setting goals and seeing improvement. Still, it can sometimes be a struggle to push the button on that timer. If you can get that particular thumb action down, you will see results.

invisiblejk
    Participant

Week 2

L1D1:18rds, L1D2:08:28, L1D3:12:35

I had a 11 day gap between D2 and D3 due to travel and sickness. Still my D3 timing improved from Week 1. And I am not sweating. Even 21 pushups were not terribly hard. Either I cheated in a posture or the time off itself is cheating. I am eager to see next week’s results. Another long travel is waiting for me but this time I am determined to exercise during travel.

Thanks for the encouragement.

invisiblejk
    Participant

During the last travel, I forgot to take my band I used as substitute for pull ups (like they show in P90x). I tried doing real pull ups in a park. Realized that I could not do even one pull up. The subs that I am doing are not enough. I have to install some kind of pull up equipment at home to get the real workout. All in time, all in time..

invisiblejk
    Participant

Week 3

L1D1:22rds, L1D2; 07:80, L1D3: 07:43

I am sticking to SF even during travel, first time I exercised during travel. It is a testament to the simplicity of the SF.

My stats improved every week. I might reach L2 in a couple of weeks.

invisiblejk
    Participant

Week 4

L1D1: 23rds, L1D2: 06:22, L1D3: 05:13

oh so close!

invisiblejk
    Participant

Week 5

L1D1: 30rds, L1D2: 05:36, L1D3: 04:25

It took 5 weeks to get to L2 but I made it. Lessons from L1:

• Day1 is the most important, push yourself hard

• Other days, after completing the prescribed routing and noting down in the log, continue extra reps so that you do at least as many reps as you did on D1

art50
Participant

Congrats on making it to L2!

Interesting idea about Day 2 and 3. I know the program is structured to provide a little bit more of a break and force you to work in different speeds and groups of sets, but I could use the extra work for push ups.

invisiblejk
Participant

Thanks. I didn’t feel much effect (i.e, muscle pain or being tired the following day) of the program on D2 and D3 after the first couple of weeks. But still I could not beat the 5 min mark. As long as the recovery is being quick after D2/D3, I think stretching D2/D3 beyond the program recommendation is fine. A lot of others in their posts seem to do a lot more in addition to SF, running/extra pullups/extra pushups/etc. For me, using D1 effort as a benchmark to meet on D2 and D3 seems like a reasonable goal.

invisiblejk
Participant

Week 6 (Week 1 of L2)

L2D1: 26rds, L2D2: 07:38, L2D3: 06:25

I am very encouraged by the first week L2 performance. In a couple of weeks I will beat L2. On D2, after completing 5 rounds as prescribed, I continued on with 4 more rounds. Similarly, on D3, after completing the test, I repeated the test two more times. My goal was to do, at a minimum, as many reps as I did on D1. If my body could do it on D1, it can do it on the other two days too. For now, it seems to be working for me. I was sweating a lot on D1. Even though I did more on D3 compared to D1, I was tired on D3 but not sweating (I took longer as completion was more important to me than time).

I haven’t lost a pound since starting SF. I gained probably one or two lbs. I cut my rice consumption by half, but replaced it with a ton of bananas and strawberries. Overall, I don’t think I reduced calories. As long as my muscles develop and make me feel stronger, I will ignore the lack of weight loss.

BTW, I am 42yrs, 5′ 7″, and 157 – 160 lbs, very unathletic body. I don’t have pull up equipment at home so I use bands in the door frame like they showed it in P90X. If SF works for me, it will work for anyone.

KTG
Participant

Very nice job! Keeping at it is the important thing. I also do extra pull-ups and push-ups through the week. But I think you do have to be careful to get in sufficient rest and recuperation time. A lot of us use the lower loads on D2 to put more focus on form.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.