lungfish’s log

Forums Workouts lungfish’s log

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lungfish
    Participant

You guys need Levels 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, etc. for absolute newbies. I can’t even do a single pullup!

Week 1 (Level 1, Day 1): 11 rounds (with cheating on pullups and pushups)

Week 1 (Level 1, Day 2): 17:45 (with cheating on pullups and pushups)

Week 1 (Level 1, Day 3): forgot to shut off stopwatch, but probably about 15:00. Needed to do multiple rounds. Cheated on all pullups and last 6 pushups.

lungfish
    Participant

Week 2 (Level 1, Day 1): 11 sets, same as Week 1, but less pushup cheating (some “bad form” pushups; only one “girl” pushup). Still cheating on every pullup. The squats seem incredibly simple compared to pushups and pullups (as others have noted).

Week 2 (Level 1, Day 2): 19 minutes. Could only do 1 full round of 6 non-cheating pushups. Had to skip the last round of pushups. Making squats “harder” by squatting DEEPER and keeping best form (including knees not going past toes).

imported_Admin
    Participant

it will change over time

lungfish
    Participant

Week 4 (Level 1, Day 1): up from 11 to 14 sets vs. Week 1. Doing almost all good-form pushups now (a few where I lost form but essentially completed it). Still not able to do a pullup. I’m actually 10.3 pounds lighter than when I started (206.3 down to 196.0, 6’0”) due to diet… so theoretically, the pushups should be getting easier.

Started a Tues-Thurs cardio/strength class, so that throws a wrench in my SimpleFit experiment (i.e. can you build strength just using simplefit).

tmech
    Participant

Good job! I am back to not being able to do a single pullup again too .. but I was on a level 4 for a while earlier in the year, so it can be done – it will happen, just keep subbing until you’re ready. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.