Maddog’s Log

Forums Workouts Maddog’s Log

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    maddog
    Participant

Some quick background information: I am 20, female-bodied, 5’3″, and 106 lb. I went rock climbing and cycling often over summer, but now that it’s much colder I find doing these activities less attractive. I’d much rather stay fit without having to leave my warm house. I’m looking to maintain my weight (if I am any lighter, I will be “underweight” BMI) and/or gain some muscle. Three years ago, I used to be able to do 20 pullups at once, but that time is long gone. I have always been pretty bad at pushups. Squats are pretty easy for me and my biggest obstacle squat-wise is flexibility, though I am working on this through daily yoga. On days I don’t do simplefit, I do a 30-60 minute session of yoga, do the abripper workout from p90x, or do a bodyweight routine of my choice.

I guessed I would be appropriately challenged by Level Four, and have already done two weeks of it (indicating I probably should have started at two or three), but at this point I just want to keep working on L4 without regressing to L3. Here are my stats so far:

(Level Four)

W1D1 – 19 rounds

W1D2 – 10:29

W1D3 – 10:12

W2D1 – 20 rounds

W2D2 – 9:04

W2D3 – 8:58

W3D1 – 22 rounds

maddog
    Participant

W3D2 – 7:13, good improvement i think

maddog
    Participant

W3D2 – 7:13, good improvement i think

KTG
    Participant

That’s a very strong start! Great job.

KTG
    Participant

That’s a very strong start! Great job.

maddog
    Participant

Thanks!

W3D3 – finished in 8:23. I was sure I was going to be slower than last week (8:58) since pullups went so poorly. For some reason, today each one was a fight. Better luck next week, I guess.

maddog
    Participant

Thanks!

W3D3 – finished in 8:23. I was sure I was going to be slower than last week (8:58) since pullups went so poorly. For some reason, today each one was a fight. Better luck next week, I guess.

maddog
    Participant

Level Four, Week 4, Day One – 23 sets (+1 from last week). I was hoping to do more, but I was pretty sore from a long yoga session yesterday and focused on improving my pushup form instead, since I discovered that I’ve been doing my pushups with my elbows too far out.

maddog
    Participant

Level Four, Week 4, Day One – 23 sets (+1 from last week). I was hoping to do more, but I was pretty sore from a long yoga session yesterday and focused on improving my pushup form instead, since I discovered that I’ve been doing my pushups with my elbows too far out.

maddog
    Participant

L4,W4,D2

times – 1:15, 1:16, 1:21, 1:16, 1:23

total – 6:31 (-42 seconds!)

I’m totally mystified as to how people get such fast times on day two. Feel like I’m missing something. However this week was a big improvement from last week.

maddog
    Participant

L4,W4,D2

times – 1:15, 1:16, 1:21, 1:16, 1:23

total – 6:31 (-42 seconds!)

I’m totally mystified as to how people get such fast times on day two. Feel like I’m missing something. However this week was a big improvement from last week.

maddog
    Participant

L4,W4,D3 – finished in 7:40. This is -43 seconds from last week! I almost postponed doing D3 till tomorrow, since I only got 6 hours of sleep and didn’t get to eat anything between 3pm and 9pm due to my classes. Glad I worked through that though; I feel like I have a chance of passing L4 before the new year.

maddog
    Participant

L4,W4,D3 – finished in 7:40. This is -43 seconds from last week! I almost postponed doing D3 till tomorrow, since I only got 6 hours of sleep and didn’t get to eat anything between 3pm and 9pm due to my classes. Glad I worked through that though; I feel like I have a chance of passing L4 before the new year.

maddog
    Participant

L4, Week 5, D1. Got in 24 sets (+1 from last week) and had 30 seconds to spare. Not quite enough time to fit in a last round. I feel like my form is much better on all fronts, so despite the tiny improvement I think I’m making good progress.

maddog
    Participant

L4, Week 5, D1. Got in 24 sets (+1 from last week) and had 30 seconds to spare. Not quite enough time to fit in a last round. I feel like my form is much better on all fronts, so despite the tiny improvement I think I’m making good progress.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.