Max’s log

Forums Workouts Max’s log

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Max
    Participant

Me: 41 years, 5’11” and 190 lbs. I used to be athletic in my 20’s (massage therapist, gymnastics instructor, martial arts), but I’ve been a pro computer guy for for 12 years now and I’ve really let it go. I’ve been looking for a workout program that I can stick with and after finding this site I think I’ve found it. I love the simplicity and it definitely looks like people are getting results. So here we go:

L1/D1 – 13 rounds.

The upper body exercises were not a problem, but the squats were killing me! I thought my legs were in better shape, whew! I’m a bit disappointed with the low number of rounds, but I focused on good technique and doing each rep slow and controlled. No where to go but up, eh?

Max
    Participant

My legs have finally stopped screaming enough for me to try day 2.

L1D2:

Round 1: 46 secs

Round 2: 47 secs

Round 3: 48 secs

Round 4: 52 secs

Round 5: 45 secs

Just about 4 mins total w/ a rest of 3 mins between each round.

Still feel good on the upper body exercises, though I didn’t quite get my chin all the over the bar on round 5.

Still hatin’ the squats!

Max

Max
    Participant

L1D3 : 5 mins 15 seconds

Didn’t quite get my chin over the bar on the last few reps.

Level 1 for another week!

cheapo
    Participant

You’re close Max, don’t be discouraged!

Ruli
    Participant

keep at it max – the first few weeks are always the toughest, but once you get the the hang of it and are in the swing of things, SF gets quite addictive!!!

Max
    Participant

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Ruli, I think I’m already addicted to SF. :)

Week 2: L1D1 – 22 rounds.

Better this week. I think my leg strength has balanced out some. The squats are not so bad and have been taken over by the pullups as the toughest exercise to stay consistent on.

Max
    Participant

Week 2 – L1D2

Under 4 mins again w/ 3 mins between rounds.

I feel I’ll be on to L2 for next week.

cheapo
    Participant

I feel you are correct!

Max
    Participant

L1D3 – 3mins 39 secs.

On to Level 2!

Max

Ruli
    Participant

congrats max!

Max
    Participant

Thanks Ruli!

L2D1 – 21 rounds.

My cardio is crap. The strength is there but I run out of gas. I’m doing full range of motion dead hang pullups (with a negative) all the way through. Pushups are no problem and the squats feel better now. But I’m huffing and puffing after about 8 minutes. I do pace myself and don’t explode out of the chute at full speed.

My sedentary lifestyle has caught up with me.

Any suggestions? I’m thinking of focusing on cardio on my rest weeks.

Max
    Participant

Was feeling very low energy all week. Did L2D2 on thursday and L2D3 today:

7/29 – L2D2

48 secs

50 secs

50 secs

53 secs

59 secs

7/31 – L2D3

7mins 33 secs

I’ll take a rest week this week focusing on cardio and get back to L2 next week.

Max
    Participant

Took a longer break than expected. The 1st off week I did burpees and some other cardio workouts. Last week I was sick and very low energy so I took another break. Got back into the program today.

L2D1 – 19 rounds.

nevin
    Participant

Very nice improvements from the first day! Its cool how fast people are improving on this program.

Max
    Participant

Work and general tiredness conspired to keep me from working out last week so I started Level 2 over again last night.

L2D1 – 19 rounds.

Max

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.