naples378 Workout

Forums Workouts naples378 Workout

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    naples378
    Participant

Completed L1D1 61 rounds; had to sub on pullups due to elbow injury. Used weight machine w/60# Lat pulldown X3; doesn’t hurt elbow.

First workout using program was not sure on which level to start.

This level was not too bad, I’ll find out tomorrow.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Great Job and welcome!

I would recommend body rows at an angle that does not bug your elbow over the lat pull down machine. What is up with the elbow?

naples378
    Participant

I was working out with heavier weights and I think I just over used it. Feels like tendinitis.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Be sure to ice 20 min at a time as often as possible.

volleyball_man
    Participant

Welcome!

taifun
    Participant

Welcome naples,

Have you seen a doc?

naples378
    Participant

I have not seen a doctor yet. I’ve been resting the arm and this is the first workout I have completed in 2 months; still sore.

I did treadmill training today for 35 min. broken down;

Warmup

5 min moderate

2 min strenuous

cool down.

I new to this type of training so if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. I’m not sure if your suppose to do anything between days. Thank you

ucffool
    Participant

Just listen to your body, and doing things on off days is fine. I would recommend taking 1 day of the week totally off to help your muscles recover.

naples378
    Participant

Thanks ucffool for the advice.

L1D2

5 Rounds @ 2:20

I sub pull ups w/ 80# Rows X3 for each pull up required.

My legs are more sore then I thought they would be, however I do believe I need to move up a couple of levels. I know I have not completed any pull ups (elbow) But I don’t think I’m at my correct fitness level.

taifun
    Participant

Yeah, you should go ahead and move up a level or two. I would have tried L3D3 next, then use the result as a guideline for next week.

All this provided your arm is ok.

naples378
    Participant

Workout

Treadmill 35 min

Interval 3 min – 1min

naples378
    Participant

L1D3- 3:00 min

Completed week 1 routine with some cardio on off days. Today I actually did the pull ups. Keep in mind they were not the best form. The pain I thought I was feeling in my elbow is actually in my forearm, I will ice later. And after reading some of the other logs I slowed down the push ups and squats. Tomorrow is a rest day, and then I think I will take the squat tabata the following day or move up to L3D1. This was a good begining from being idle for two months.

naples378
    Participant

No computer yesterday; also a rest day

Today wasn’t sure if I wanted to do the squat challenge or move up a couple of levels to get a better judgement of where I should be. Although I completed the pullups last week on the last day I didn’t feel good about them, so I’m going back to rows.

Today L4D1- subpull ups (2) with 6 rows with 50#’s complete 31 rounds.

naples378
    Participant

Bike; 30 min 9 miles

naples378
    Participant

L4D2- 6:20

Slowed the pace down; chest was al ittle sore from L4D1.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.