New member and maybe an obvious/old question…

Forums Fitness training New member and maybe an obvious/old question…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    milnercraig
    Participant

I happened across the site today while looking for some functional workout inspiration and found exactly what I was looking for. I’ll be kicking off at L1 or maybe L2 in the morning. Thanks for doing what you do.

Apologies if I’m repeating a previous post (I looked through the archive but didn’t see anything)

My question…the workouts seem to omit an Abs element. Why is that?

Thanks again

ianjb
    Participant

As a new member on level one, I too was concerned about an abs workout so I did a couple of 1 minute planks. The next day my abs were complaining with every pull-up and push-up. So my response it that both push-ups and pull-ups workout the abs.

ianjb
    Participant

deleted a duplicate entry

volleyball_man
    Participant

Pullups and pushups easily require stabilization of the core – abs. The squats – if done correctly – will eventually. Feel free to add to this workout if you need – after you give it a few weeks.

Welcome!

milnercraig
    Participant

Thanks folks,

Kicked off this morning and decided to go with L2 D1. Managed 34 rounds which I was pleased with. Feel okay about D2 but not sure I’ll get through D3 without having to break the Pull Ups into two or more blocks with a quick rest.

Is the idea that you don’t move up a level until you can push out all the reps without taking a rest or is the 5 minute benchmark king?

Cheers

volleyball_man
    Participant

Only measure the time (5 minutes is king.) Break them up as needed.

milnercraig
    Participant

Thanks. Much oblidged to you.

I’ll let you know how I get on

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.