New "optional" workouts

Forums Fitness training New "optional" workouts

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    imported_Admin
    Participant

New “optional” workouts can be found here for those interested in more variety. Let me know what you think.

http://www.simplefit.org/workout2.html

If you choose to do these I would sugest

mon wo 1

wed wo 2

fri wo 3

mon wo 4

wed wo 5

fri wo 6

mon wo 7

wed start cycle over

Enjoy

magus269
    Participant

good stuff, its nice to mix in different excercises. I was going to start doing some kettlebell training and mixing it all up somehow. These new workouts sound pretty cool and will help out a ton just by giving me more options. Thanks!

imported_Admin
    Participant

The more verity the less adaptation, keep your body guessing and you will not plateau. From what I have experienced the base three workouts contain enough variance to keep steady progress through L8 but it is hard to have to much variety,

Enjoy

magus269
    Participant

Oh ya, I gotta say one thing. I’m in decent shape and not too heavy (6′, 178 lbs.) but for the life of me, I can’t do a handstand. Any good guides or something to help out? I tried against a wall but I think I’m just afraid to totally commit and throw my legs all the way up or something, heh.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Defiantly do them against a wall or draping your legs over something.

I am pretty sure you will find good info here.

http://www.beastskills.com/

I will see what other notes I have.

Cheers

Norman
    Participant

Hi,

it’s fine to have those exercices for those who want more variety ( detailed explanations will be helpful though as some are not common).

As to myself, I think I will stick to the more simple workout. The thing is, it is so simple, so time optimized, that you simply cannot come up with a valid excuse for not doing it :D

Thanks again for all your work Kevin !

imported_Admin
    Participant

Norman,

I think the core simplefit workout is awesome, it is a complete whole body high intensity interval workout with varying strength/strength endurance levels and will give you and amazing core fitness level so stick with that if you like it most.

Cheers

SChris
    Participant

I was looking through the days 4-7 additional workouts, but I’m not sure what an “inverted” pullup is. Is there anywhere that describes the motion? I couldn’t find any information from doing a brief search on Google.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Sorry I have not had time to update the site. An inverted pull up is basically a pull done up upside down. I do it by getting inverted on my rings and pulling my feet towards the ceiling.

Best to start with the core 3 for a while unless you are already pretty well conditioned.

Here is a good resource

http://www.drillsandskills.com/skills/cond/upper

Cheers and welcome!

jbearden65
    Participant

Could you suggest me an optional workout that includes situps. I am in the military and I need to stay up on that.

maybe something like………

x amount/time pushups

x amount/time situps

x amount/time squats

imported_Admin
    Participant

I would recommend integrating sit ups into the existing workouts for example

max rounds in 20 min

2 pull-ups

4 push-ups

6 squats

10 sit ups

5 rounds for time

4 pull-ups

12 push-ups

20 squats

30 sit ups

for time

20 pull-ups

41 push-ups

41 squats

50 sit ups

to increase numbers fast avoid going to failure

http://www.simplefit.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=240

also look at other ab exercises like l sits l hangs and evil wheels and mix it up

Hope that helps

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.