Newbie just saying hello!

Forums Fitness training Newbie just saying hello!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    blueshune
    Participant

Awesome site!

I’ve been looking at the crossfit.com web site for a few months now and I even tried one of their WoDs. Needless to say, since I’m not a professional athlete, nor am I super fit, I was sore for 4 days and rather discouraged. :(

But, reading their forums, and going through this site has started to get me motivated again. :)

I have a few questions though regarding nutrition:

I work out in the evenings as my schedule permits, but after every workout I get really hungry. I tried drinking lots of water, but I’m still hungry. I usually workout at 9 or 10 pm. Any ideas on how, or what I should eat/do?

Also, reading about the IF diet, you say that eating should be done from 10 and 6 throughout the day. But I wake up at 6am and again, I wake up hungry. In order to try this, should I include more protein in my meals/snacks so that I can last ’till 10am?

Tonight I’m going to start with a level 3-day 1 work out. We’ll see how many rounds I can go without dying by the end of the 20 minutes. :) Wish me luck. ;)

Once again, wonderful site! Thank you for putting this up.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Welcome!

“I have a few questions though regarding nutrition:

I work out in the evenings as my schedule permits, but after every workout I get really hungry. I tried drinking lots of water, but I’m still hungry. I usually workout at 9 or 10 pm. Any ideas on how, or what I should eat/do?”

Be sure you eat protien/carbs/fat post workout also be sure the carbs come from a good complex source like fruit and or vegetables.

“Also, reading about the IF diet, you say that eating should be done from 10 and 6 throughout the day. But I wake up at 6am and again, I wake up hungry. In order to try this, should I include more protein in my meals/snacks so that I can last ’till 10am?”

You can adjust the time frame of the window to whatever suits you best. The main thing is try to only eat within a 6 hour window, when you start the window is your choice. IF is tough at first but gets super easy as your body adjusts.

Also getting your carbs from fresh fruit and vegetables will do wonders for reducing hunger. Sugar is addictive and causes a hormonal cascade in the body that makes you want more.

Here is a good site for locating quality carbs, but your best bet is always fresh fruit and non starchy vegetables.

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

Great to have you here!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.