Pull-up Station?

Forums Fitness training Pull-up Station?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    firedepot
    Participant

Anybody have any feedback on something like the Weider 200 pull-up/dip station? I am approx. 160 lbs(and losing), and I am curious as to the stability of the machine. Could you do Kipping pullups on it? It would make quitting the gym much easier…. Thanks in advance.

Bri3626
    Participant

Not sure about the Weider one but in my experience most of them are cheap productions. 9 times out of 10 I believe your better off making your own vs. buying in a store.

Most of the pullup/dip machines I’ve seen/used weren’t balanced correctly and rocked when doing the pullups.

I went out and bought a fairly lengthy set of 4×4’s (I think 12-15 feet is good depending on preference for height). Key thing here is you need to plant your posts at least 2 feet in ground for good stability. I just used quickcrete and let it set.

I drilled a good inch and a half hole in the upper part where I wanted my bar and then just bought a 4 foot section of pipe. It works pretty good.

scumdogg
    Participant

Home Depot is your friend :) I built my chin up bar out of a length of 3/4″ galvanized pipe with an elbow on each end and then a floor connector attached and I screwed this to a piece of 2×4 running through my rafters. It’s rock solid (even when my 250lb frame is swinging on it) and it was under $20. It amazes me how much the fitness stores charge for good exercise equipment. I plan on taking a welding course someday just so I can build my own dip station and power rack.

firedepot
    Participant

Thanks for the tips. My father-in-law is a manager at a local lumber/building materials warehouse and he can get stuff like lumber and such for practically nothing, especially if it’s blemished. I’ll get to work next week on it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.