Pull-ups… 1 – 6 months with Simplefit.org

Forums Fitness community Pull-ups… 1 – 6 months with Simplefit.org

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ucffool
    Participant

This is my short video of my progress in pull-ups… laughter optional. :)

Opinions/Advice for getting that ‘last mile’… wider bodyrows? deeper everything?

Video updated to 1-6 months.

http://eyespot.com/share?cmd=permalink&r=0XCzIG2UEl1RBbiEJW09IWi7wU

aussiechick
    Participant

Great progress Andy!!

Looks like you will be pumping them out pretty soon :P

Maleficarum
    Participant

pull-ups suck!

i have never done one in my life.

i would say half of me pursuing simplefit over say some other “starter” program is the emphasis placed on the push/pull motions.

someday… i will do one… and so will you! i think you might be a lot closer than i am… i can dead hang for 20 seconds… but you have almost the full range of motion… i can manage only about 1/2 of what you do.

volleyball_man
    Participant

Hey Andy,

Keep doing what you are doing. You have improved a lot in 3 months!

taifun
    Participant

Just keep going!

imported_Admin
    Participant

Great progress Andy, you will get there.

scumdogg
    Participant

Keep working at, you’re getting awfully close. I find that after you’ve finally managed to do one, doing more comes easier, at least for me. I think that part of the problem when you first start doing pullups is getting used to the motion and having your muscle groups work together in that fashion. After all, it’s not like a pullup is the most natural motion :)

NatureDoc
    Participant

You’re so close!!! I’m excited for you!

dgkimpton
    Participant

WOW – that is some serious progress! I’m impressed by your tenacity and results. Keep at it :D

ucffool
    Participant

Yeah.. after 19 weeks still can’t do 1. Thanks though!

dgkimpton
    Participant

You were bloody close in that last video snippet! Have tried working from a lower bar so that you can practice the top part of the lift without wearing out on the getting yourself off the ground part?

I started with a lower bar by mistake and I have to say I think it helped… ymmv of course.

imported_Admin
    Participant

That is a good idea dgkimpton, Andy you may want to consider starting at the top going down a little then back up to work that range.

ucffool
    Participant

Problem is, once I start going down, I can’t go back up (in that area).

dgkimpton
    Participant

With a lower bar I think you’ll find this easier (bring it down to just over head hight…)

But what the hell do I know ;)

coreman
    Participant

I would use a shorter bar. With my head just over the bar, I am on my toes. So, when I get tired in my workouts, I assist myself with my toes and lower as slow as I can without assisting myself.

Pull ups are easier for me. I can do 2 of those in a row now with not so perfect form. I can get about eye level with a pull up, so I know how you feel.

Keep at it, you are very close.

Congrats for having the cajones to post a video of yourself. That shows how serious you are about simplefit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.