Simplefitters in action

Forums Fitness community Simplefitters in action

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kdo463
    Participant

There has been some talk about posting pictures of ourselves in action, either doin’ the simplefit thing or other physical activity. Thought I’d get it started.

Unfortunately, however, I don’t have many pictures of myself in action, mostly of other folks I’m with. But here’s a great one of my son at the summit of Torrey’s Peak in Colorado in August of 2004. Those knees belong to mom. 8)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13530436@N02/1434148699/

splint
    Participant

Cute, getting him out amd appreciating the great outdoors at an early age.

scumdogg
    Participant

Amazing scenery. How long did it take you to summit?

kdo463
    Participant

This trek actually included two peaks, both Grays and Torreys — the traditional combo. It was three years ago, and I don’t remember the actual times. But, Tyler was 4 at the time, so we probably started at 8:00 am, summited Grays by 11:00 and then saddled over to Torreys by Noon and had lunch at the top. The decent always take a little less time. So, say 4 hours up and 3 down including lots of rest breaks. These two summits are some of the easiest 14ners in Colorado.

Now, I must let you know that Tyler did not hike the whole way. No accusations of child abuse, okay? My wife and I took turns carrying his 40 pounds in a kid backpack from the trailhead up to Grays peak (the majority of the ascent). So, more like self torture, I guess. Tyler saddled over to Torreys and made the entire decent on his own. Still impressive for a 4-year-old.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.