Stationary bike/rower

Forums Fitness community Stationary bike/rower

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    taifun
    Participant

question for you all:

My wife and my daughter are looking for a stationary recumbent bike (as much as I’d like, I can’t get them to buy into the simplefit/crossfit method…yet)

I’d like to get a rower for myself, but there’s not a lot of room in our spare bedroom/exercise room, so I found thisbeauty , which looks fine.

Does anyone have any experiences with this kind of equipment, or any tips?

volleyball_man
    Participant

I use a Schwinn upright stationary bike ($179 and I like it). I’d like to get a rower since my wife was on the rowing team in college. So, I wish I’d seen this one!

If you get it – be my Guinea Pig! :D

Darrel
    Participant

Seems like a good idea. I’ve never heard of Stamina Products before though so I have to wonder what the build quality would be like. I did notice that they have a slightly more “deluxe” version for an extra $100 that looks like it could be a bit sturdier… unfortunately not a lot in the way of reviews out there for either one though.

Here’s the deluxe model…

http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-15-9003-Deluxe-Conversion-Recumbent/dp/B000TK4GYW/ref=sr_1_8/104-7022035-0895153?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1186590424&sr=8-8

taifun
    Participant

Hmm, I’ve been looking at this one(norwegian text) as well. Think I might go for that one, as amazon won’t ship the Stamina model overseas.

taifun
    Participant

OK, so I’ve ordered the latter model from Sportsmaster. It’s a bit cheaper and it seems to be the only company that will ship to my address for less than the cost of a space shuttle round trip. Will hopefully get it before the weekend, so wil try it out.

Actually been spending a bit lately. Also ordered the Everlast door gym mentioned in another post, and sprung for both of Ross Enamait’s books.

volleyball_man
    Participant

My issue is that I have a 38″ inseam and cheaper rowers won’t let me extend my legs far enough… 👿

taifun
    Participant

Umm, now you got me worried. I’m a 36″…

volleyball_man
    Participant

I’m sorry if it doesn’t fit. But I’m glad you are a good experiment for me – don’t lie!!!

😆

taifun
    Participant

volleyball_man wrote:

don’t lie!!!

😆

Oh, I wouldn’t! I’ve checked the specs though, and it looks like it’s going to be ok

volleyball_man
    Participant

Cool!

I hope so.

taifun
    Participant

Ok, the rower is finally here (sitting in a warehouse just up the road for a week, while the lightning brains were searching for my phone number, which was on the d**n packing slip…)

Assembly was a workout in itself, but it’s up and running and looking to be good. Just did a quick run-through of both bike and rower and all looked good. Computer seems to be a bit on the cheap side, but that doesn’t really matter all that much. No problems with length either.

Will test more thoroughly later.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.