Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce

Forums Nutrition Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sith
    Participant

This just came out and isn’t even on the company’s website yet. However, I have long been a SBR’s fan and had to see if I could use this sauce.

It looks ok to me, but I’d love the opinion of someone more experienced. Here’s the stats:

Serving size: 1 Tbsp

Calories: 15 (Fat Cal 15)

Total Fat: 1.5g (0 saturated, 0 trans)

Cholesterol: 0

Sodium: 490mg

Total Carbs: 1g (0 Fiber, 0 Sugar)

Protein: 0

main ingredients: cayenne pepper, distilled vinegar, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, salt, soy lecithin, TBHQ, citric acid, dried garlic, artificial colors/flavors

< 2% ingrediants: soybean/canola oil, paprika, xanthan gum, propylene glycol alginate

imported_Admin
    Participant
    Sith
    Participant

Hm, but it says Trans Fat – 0 on the label.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Do a google search for “partially hydrogenated soybean oil” it is defiantly a trans fat , just some fda semantics read below.

n July 11, 2003, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a regulation[46] requiring manufacturers to list trans fat on the Nutrition Facts panel of foods and some dietary supplements.[47] The new labeling rule allowed for immediate voluntary compliance with mandatory compliance by January 1, 2006 (although companies may petition for an extension to January 1, 2008). The regulation allows trans fat levels of less than 0.5 grams per serving to be labeled as 0 grams per serving.

“The regulation allows trans fat levels of less than 0.5 grams per serving to be labeled as 0 grams per serving.”

But if it makes you happy and is only once in a while maybe go for it, we all have our things.

You could also make your own with only good stuff!

Sith
    Participant

Do you think this is better nutrition wise?

imported_Admin
    Participant

Yeah, I think you are better off without the trans fats.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.