Tabata pushups

Forums Fitness training Tabata pushups

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    volleyball_man
    Participant

For twenty seconds do as many pushups as you can – then rest 10 seconds.

Repeat this seven more times for a total of 8 intervals, 4 minutes total exercise. The score is the LEAST number of pushups for any of the eight intervals.

Thanks for the template Kevin! I used your description from the squat challenge.

😉

I used to train like this when I swam. One minute per lap – as fast as possible – resting for the remainder of the minute.

kdo463
    Participant

Now you’re on to something! Tababa squats and pushups. Heck, tonight I’m gonna Tabata all three exercises and see what I get. 😈 The warm-up will be very important, I bet. If I don’t post for several days, you’ll know I had a heart attack or something. 😆

volleyball_man
    Participant

hehehe 😈

I’ll post on Saturday.

Maleficarum
    Participant

ok… so this sucked more than the squats…

11, 9, 3… then collapse.

hrm… not a good sign of my overall upper body strength.

My score is… 0!

kdo463
    Participant

Eeek. That makes me scared.

kdo463
    Participant

18, 8, 8, 7, 5, 6, 5, 5 = score of 5

I actually did tabatas for all three exercises yesterday just for sadistic kicks. Check out Keith’s exercise log for all the details.

kdo463
    Participant

These challenges are fun. I enjoy seeing what my capabilities are. And they give me some stats to base my improvement on. Call me sick. I think I’ll try the pullup burpees next.

volleyball_man
    Participant

I’d call myself sick after the burpees!

I still want to try it.

taifun
    Participant

For a real burpee challenge, try the 100 burpee challenge (safe) from Ross Enamait’s forum. Basically it’s 100 burpees as quick as you can :-)

kdo463
    Participant

Yeah, I also watched the video of the 100 pullup burpees on Crossfit. That guy was built like a gladiator and still collapsed at the end. I certainly won’t be doing the 100 for a while. My body looks kinda like his, but upsidedown. 😉

DarkEye
    Participant

Im going to try this out thank you for the information.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.