Tabata squats contest!

Forums Fitness training Tabata squats contest!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    imported_Admin
    Participant

This is where you lower body strength people will have a chance to shine.

For twenty seconds do as many squats as you can – then rest 10 seconds.

Repeat this seven more times for a total of 8 intervals, 4 minutes total exercise.

The score is the LEAST number of squats for any of the eight intervals.

Reply to this thread with your score

taifun
    Participant

Oh dear…

I’ve tried this once a few years back, and I’ve tried to forget it since. Might try it on the weekend.

fizzleboink
    Participant

I’ll post my score in on the weekend as well.

NatureDoc
    Participant

ooooh!!! i’m in!!! love a good challenge!!!

okeee

watch out peeps… it’s on!

aussiechick
    Participant

Well it got the better of me so I thought I would give it shot. I’ve never tried tabatas before and I was intrigued. As expected it was tough.

9,10,9,9,8,8,8,8 so I guess my score is 8, well at least I can say I am winning for now 😆 🙄

volleyball_man
    Participant

Since I am working on my squat form, I’ll “sit” this one out. I’ll post my Tabata choice!

kdo463
    Participant

I’m in! I’ll do that in place of Day 2 tonight and supplement a few rounds of pushups, etc. Tracy might be game too.

Maleficarum
    Participant

well… since i could not get out of the house to do my workout this morning… this was a nice alternative…

Tabata Squats (8 intervals)

12, 11, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12

so… i guess my score is 11.

This was not nearly as hard as i expected… i am sweating a lot… but i think that is because my body is just now catching up… hahaha

NatureDoc
    Participant

who’s ready for my results…

considering i’m the least competitive person i know (really), i don’t know why i get such a kick out of these challenges.

soo….

19, 17, 15, 16, 16, 15, 16, 15

that means my lowest is 15.

Dang!

aussiechick
    Participant

Wow you guys!

I knew I’d be put to shame pretty quickly but geez! 19 Tonia! You must be part rabbit bouncing around like that LOL!

Great work!

NatureDoc
    Participant

yeah i’v e been blessed with kangaroo legs.

wanted to incorporate an analogy you’d understand. ;). I jest. But seriously.

NatureDoc
    Participant

We’ll see what happens with my kangaroo triceps when i try brad’s tabata push up challenge. See kanagroos have mighty legs and wee little arms. Those vermin are pretty much modeled after me. I talked to God about it, told him it was cool as long as he helped me with the tabata squat challenge. Deal.

kdo463
    Participant

21, 20, 16, 14, 12, 13, 13, 14 = score of 12

I was actually so inspired by this challenge and the pushup challenge that I did tabatas for all three exercises. Check out Keith’s exercise log for the complete results.

kdo463
    Participant

NatureDoc, that’s awesome. Your scores were relatively constant. Mine were a little less stable. Maybe I should have paced myself a little instead of going 100% right out of the gate. Now I’ll know for (hehehe) next time! 😈

fizzleboink
    Participant

25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25

The last couple sets (especially the last one) were close, as I was beginning to feel muscle failure. They were all 25 because I couldn’t go any faster! I’m a little startled at the consistency though.

One of the muscles on my left quadricep cramped up a couple minutes after I finished, and the muscles as a whole are pretty gimped. Walking down stairs afterwards felt soooo funny. I wanted to do some pull ups and push ups to go with it, but I was just way too tired to continue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.