Training Music

Forums Fitness community Training Music

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    wroth
    Participant

Was thinking about this today while I was getting ready for my workout. I normally use my iPod to listen to music, but when I’m at home, I just don’t like to do that. I use a cd player so I started compiling CDs of music. Just figured it might be a fun idea to share lists of songs for people to check out and listen to during workouts. Also help people find new bands/genres they wouldn’t listen to normally.

Anyways, my CD I made up tonight:

*Anberlin – Godspeed

*Anberlin – There Is No Mathematics to Love and Loss

*Anberlin – Reclusion’

*Anberlin – Paperthin Hymn

Crystal Method – Name of the Game (edited)

Crystal Method – Born Too Slow

*Needtobreathe – Knew It All

*tobyMac – Ignition

*tobyMac – The Slam (as heard in many commercials)

*Tyler Bates – Fever Dream (metal riff in 300 as the Spartans meet the barbarians – think of the scene when they take out the rhino)

*The Classic Crime – The Fight

*Decyfer Down – Fight Like This

Sevendust – Enemy

Sevendust – Praise

Trapt – Headstrong

*Dead Poetic – Cannibal vs Cunning

*Dead Poetic – Narcotic

Dope – Take Your Best Shot

Covers a decent range of stuff, cause somethings get me pumped because of what they’re associated with (ie – Fever Dream) or just what mood I’m in. Anything with an * means it’s something that you don’t need to worry about profanity. Stuff without it just means I can’t remember.

volleyball_man
    Participant

I find that music is of utmost importance during a workout. “Back in the day” I thought that – along with wearing worn-out workout gear – I HAD to listen to HEAVY stuff for it to count as a workout. I would put on the Pantera (Vulgar Display of Power), Sepeltura, Prong, Megadeth… I realized one day that all I could focus on was the music! I wanted to drop everything and start thrashing around and screaming the lyrics. I guess I’m ADD.

One day I was hiking and listening to a meditation tape (yes a cassette – remember those?) and found myself pushing hard with a more focused attitude. So, I started to listen to this style whenever I workout! Amazing results! Now I look for meditation, ambient, drone stuff for my workout.

Some favs:

Quiet Heart/Spirit Wind (Native American and Asian flute)

Philip Glass

Ravi Shankar – Chants of India

Shpongle

Kruder/Dorfmeister

J.S. Bach

imported_Admin
    Participant

I think I read a study showing that music can really improve the output of a workout. I will see if I can find it.

Cipe
    Participant

Admin wrote:

I think I read a study showing that music can really improve the output of a workout. I will see if I can find it.

I know I run harder when Im getting tired and a great song that inspires.

volleyball_man
    Participant

Wanted to pull this one back up.

Had a good workout this morning with Ozric Tentacles playing.

ucffool
    Participant

During Day 3 (when I was doing level 1, I was fast enough), I used two songs:

— Lit – Over my head (pull-ups/bodyrows)

— Robert Randolph & The Family Band – Ain’t Nothing Wrong With That (push-ups and squats)

I haven’t settled on other tracks, though some Christina Aguilera (Dirty album) has worked for day 1 stuff.

On day 2 I like mello stuff in my ‘rest periods’.

imported_Admin
    Participant

I created a new best workout widget through amazon here

http://www.simplefit.org/products.html

brenlorken
    Participant

Two faves on my Ipod :D

Falling Away From Me – Korn

Stricken – Disturbed

volleyball_man
    Participant

Anybody in here use Pandora?

I have been using their site a TON. pandora.com

I also listen to a lot of other internet radio somafm is a fav.

ucffool
    Participant

Yeah of course, Pandora is the best of the best. I’ve bought 2 cd’s so far from its recommendation engine.

volleyball_man
    Participant

Same here – Why the record cos. are trying to stop this is beyond reason.

taifun
    Participant

Well, I used to use pandora until they had to close for non-u.s. residents. I’ve moved to finetune.com, which is not quite the same, but near enough.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.