vbm’s log

Forums Workouts vbm’s log

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 265 total)
  • Author
    volleyball_man
    Participant

WOW!

Just started. I am getting exercise for the first time in about 10 mos.

L1D1 22rounds.

I cheated with the pullups – I used exercise tubing and did bent over horizontal pulls. The pushups were relatively easy up to round 18 or so. Squats felt fine but I’m expecting to be sore from them.

I must resist the temptation to be intimidated by the pullups. I am accepting the fact that I’ll be a level one until I am ready to move on.

volleyball_man
    Participant

11m19s

Pushups were very difficult as I worked through the stiffness from my first WO. My 3 y.o. cheered me through it!!

I used my sationary bike to do assisted pullups – better than bands but not perfect.

volleyball_man
    Participant

L1D3

4m12s

Chest still sore from Monday. Pushups were more difficult than they should’ve been. I did pullups on the swingset with help from my feet!

imported_Admin
    Participant

The soreness will get less and less

volleyball_man
    Participant

I did some heavy yardwork yesterday and was completely drained. I am not nearly as sore as I was. I have to keep moving. This is not news to me. Also not news to me is the fact that I don’t always do what I know is best. URGH!!

I am working on scheduling some swimming into my weeks. This will definitely help.

fitnfrustrated
    Participant

Great job!!! I hear you about the soreness though. My girlie arms and back are not used to doing pullups and pushups with such intensity. But then again, I love the pain, because then I know that I have pushed my body to its limits (and sometimes beyond). Know what I mean. anyway, great job, and let me know how the swimming goes. I’ve thought of that, as a crosstrain to running, but havent gotten there yet. Take care!

volleyball_man
    Participant

L1D1

16 rounds – not using band for pull-ups. Did assisted pullups.

The pushups are coming on as I suspected. I lost form on pullups and stopped at 16 with about a 1.5 minutes.

Took a little break on Monday – round two of the ding dang cold I had!

volleyball_man
    Participant

L1D2

4m50s

volleyball_man
    Participant

Back pain – took a week off. Got my door gym yesterday.

Starting over tomorrow!

Norman
    Participant

Welcome back !!

jcarroll11
    Participant

welcome back VBM, i have bouts of back pain. i find stretching really helps me get through it. When i have a lot of pain i basically squat, arse to calves :D and relax feels really good for me

james

volleyball_man
    Participant

Started back today. The back pain is finally gone. If I give in to it – it gets worse. I worked it out with stretching, some aerobic work and IBUPROFEN.

I’ve determined that the source is out-of-shape abs. I’m definitely a person who’s pain is caused by opposing muscles. My back hurts bcause of my “front.”

Did the L1D1 and stopped like last time before the 20 mins was up. The good news is: I got the door gym. So, my pullups were more like pullups than ever. I probably pulled about 180 – 190 lbs of my 230. I also warmed up on the stationary bike for 5 mins and stretched after every couple of rounds of the L1D1 combination.

L1D1 – 16rounds – 17minutes.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Try doing some l-sits and plank for core also the evil wheel is really good.

samjackson
    Participant

VBM,

You’re right! A soft middle means a weak back.

I put my back out this past January and felt crippled by it for several weeks. I just finished 9 weeks, 2X/wk, of physical therapy specifically working on my core, while doing simplfit 3X/week. Though I still have a spare tire, I can definately tell the difference.

Do planks on a stability ball if you have access to one. Hang in there and keep up the good work!

volleyball_man
    Participant

This is what I meant in my post to the “Testimonials” thread!

Thanks Guys!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 265 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.