Wednesday, Jan. 7, 09 – cardio

Forums Workouts Wednesday, Jan. 7, 09 – cardio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jasonb
    Participant

Wednesday, Jan. 7, 09

Did about 4 minutes of jump roping in 30 – 45 seconds intervals. Would have gone longer, but like a doof I wore my sweats that don’t have a string to tie them up, so it would have been embarrassing to keep going. The sweet thing is that my fitness center has a couple of racquetball courts so I jump roped in there – nice on the wood floors.

I also did 500 meters on the C2 rower (damper level 6). I haven’t used one before, but wanted to try it out. I think that I’ll try to get some time on the C2 rower on my non-Simplefit workout days. I plan to implement as much time with the jump rope everyday to build on the skill part of it, as suggested by Ross @ rosstraining. The jump rope is kind of fun and far more interesting that running on a treadmill to me.

Anonymous
    Participant

Sweet! Yeah, just about anything is more interesting than treadmill work. I always feel like im being pulled behind a truck. i mean, even if i go as slow as i want, still feel boxed in and forced to move- LAME. I’ve gotten to use an older c2rower at my old gym, i loved it! rowing just feels like such a natural motion to me. probably because the flow of energy it takes to perform it. it starts at your feet, you shove and extend your calves and knees, then your quads, then your hips, lower back, and abs. and with the last bit of momentum you have, you lean back and use your arms to pull the bar close to you and squeeze your back muscles to bring it all the way to touch your chest. awesome. im thinking of checking out the whole 3 gyms in my county today. i hate gyms, but i love powerlifting, rowers, and swimming.

jasonb
    Participant

I actually get dizzy when coming off of a treadmill, so I don’t use them. That doesn’t happen when I run outdoors.

Sorry, I meant to post this cardio workout in my log. Goofed up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.