Weight gain and smoking

Forums Nutrition Weight gain and smoking

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ashleyderbyshire
    Participant

hi im 19 and my weight varys between 10 and 11 stone and i also have a fast motabilism,

my muscles have started to gain but i need to start a diet plan to move it on quicker,

would IF work for me or do i need to try something else.

Also would smoking fags and the wacky backy affect weight gain.

volleyball_man
    Participant

If you want to lose weight – and that’s all – starve. I’ve also seen some pretty thin heroin addicts.

Change your focus from weight to health!

ashleyderbyshire
    Participant

as i said i want to gain weight not lose numpty

ianjb
    Participant

Ouch!

volleyball_man
    Participant

Sorry – misread. No more advice.

scumdogg
    Participant

The rule for gaining muscle is to consume 1 – 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, so in your case you should be eating at least 150 g of protein per day. It sounds daunting at first, but if you have a whole egg with a couple of egg whites with your breakfast, chicken with lunch, almonds or similar nut for snacks, beef for dinner, you start to get close. with a fast metabolism you could probably get away with increasing your protein intake while not adding too much fat.

As for the smoking, I’m no doctor, but I would think that smoking will hinder the uptake of oxygen into the blood have a negative impact on muscle metabolism meaning less than optimum gains. In other words, if you’re serious about putting on muscle then smoking isn’t helping you any.

ashleyderbyshire
    Participant

im using a protein drink, if i up the dose to make up 150 grams a day will that be safe.

o yeah im sorry volleyball man only joking.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.