Who would be interested in a little more core work?

Forums Fitness training Who would be interested in a little more core work?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    imported_Admin
    Participant

Who would be interested in a little more core work integrated into the basic simplefit workouts?

I see allot of people add some core work would this type of addition interest anyone?

example based on level 1

5 rounds for time

2 pull-ups

6 push-ups

10 squats

15 plank

for time

10 pull-ups

21 push-ups

21 squats

21 l-hang

l-hang http://www.simplefit.org/pix/l-hang.jpg

Hang from the bar and hold an l position with you body, if this is not possible bend your knees.

plank http://www.simplefit.org/pix/plank.jpg

Hold you body in a straight line weight on elbows and toes. To add intensity slide elbows forward.

Let me know what you think

villatour
    Participant

I like it. I actually do the plank after every workout. But I’ll also do the L hold. Cool!

fizzleboink
    Participant

Awesome I think I will give them a try in a couple weeks.

fitnatic
    Participant

Is the l hang one that you hold and count to 21 or do you hold it for a brief minute and do it for 21 times. I wm just wondering. This workout sounds very good. I can’t wait to try it this week.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Not totally sure on the scaling wanted to get some feedback

curlysue35
    Participant

sounds awesome to me. Core is crucial. If you have a strong core, it is easier to have proper form on the other exercises.

imported_Admin
    Participant

fitnatic wrote:

Is the l hang one that you hold and count to 21 or do you hold it for a brief minute and do it for 21 times. I wm just wondering. This workout sounds very good. I can’t wait to try it this week.

hold for 21 seconds, but I am thinking that may be to short and may use a multiplier like count x 3 = # of seconds or maybe explicitly state… just need feedback on what is suitable for beginners to determine what is appropriate

Vith
    Participant

Not meaning to bump a dead thread, but how’s this coming along?

I’m willing to give feedback (being a beginner) if you can give me a good starting point :)

Bri3626
    Participant

I was doing a different core each of the 3 days for a while. Now I usually try to add the core work after I’ve done the workout.

D1 did planks

D2 did situps

D3 did L’s

Time on em is a factor for planks and L’s. I was thinking increments of 5 seconds or so but I found kind of hard to do during the actual workout since it’s mapped out so well and everything is all rep based. Situps could be incorporated easily.

Heh don’t know if this helps or not. Love the planks though. Who woulda thought something like that would get so hard?

Vith
    Participant

Yeah, I reckon that’d work pretty well.

How’re you wedging your feet for the situps?

Maleficarum
    Participant

Vith… you actually work more muscles if you don’t “wedge your feet.”

Holding your feet to the ground while performing a proper sit-up is a whole different experience than having someone hold them down or wedging them under a weight of some kind. This kind of sit-up really only works the hip flexors (from what i understand). While these are important muscles for walking-running-etc… this isolation movement doesnt really jive with the philosophy of simplefit…. at least not to me.

what does everyone else think? my understanding was that this was a better method of working your core muscles.

imported_Admin
    Participant

Try doing lhangs evil wheel and advanced planks, way better than sit ups.

Check out these workouts

http://www.simplefit.org/workout2.html

http://www.simplefit.org/workout3.html

naples378
    Participant

Sign me up.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.