Why a rest day?

Forums Fitness training Why a rest day?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dgkimpton
    Participant

What purpose do the rest days serve?

Is it that the body doesn’t get enough recovery time in the 23hours between simplefit workouts or is it simply psychological?

imported_Admin
    Participant

It give the body time for full recovery, I am not saying do nothing just lighten the load, duration, and intensity for a couple of workouts.

dgkimpton
    Participant

Interesting. Do you by any chance have any links to articles about this? I’m intrigued why a 48 hour period is considered good – why not a two day rest etc?

Not saying your wrong, just interested in finding out more…

imported_Admin
    Participant

Here is some good info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_periodization

but like anything just listen to your body everybody recovers differently you may only need it once every 3 months depends on so many factors

dgkimpton
    Participant

Hmm, interesting stuff.

Thanks.

magus269
    Participant

Kevin, theres something I’ve been wanting to ask you for a while about rest. I check out the crossfit site from time to time and I see that they typically have just one rest day over the course of a week. Does that really leave room for muscle growth? I mean obviously they get some serious results so they must be doing something right. What is they’re belief on that and do they address that specific issue anywhere? Just curious.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.