Lots of ideas floating around in my head, so i think its a good idea to chronicle so I dont forget.
Starting off info:
-35 yr male
-approx 20+% bf
-chronic 'flat tire' love handles and slight manboobs
-pretty strong core/legs. very weak arm strength.
Growing up, I played tons of sports (tennis, snowboarding, basketball, etc). After having kids, havent been at all active in like 6 years. This is an attempt to get back into it. Generally speaking I'm not interested in 'bulking up' or being able to lift like a power lifter. I'm looking for good 'power to weight ratio'... basically want to be as lean but as strong as possible. Think Bruce Lee. Looks is a secondary goal (i'd be satisfied with being 100% comfortable at the beach).
Short term goals:
1) 1 unassisted hanging pull up
2) 5k run in 20 min.
3) extended tennis rallies without fatigue (ability to rally for 2 hrs straight without much trouble)
4) strong overall progression in simplefit
Medium term goals:
1) participation and good times in obstacle events (spartan, tough mudder, etc) while completing obstacles competently.
2) strong enough progression in simplefit to move on to other programs/routines
Long term goal:
1) crossfit benchmarks as described by bri3626
2) some 'beast skills'... maybe like 1 armed pullups, 1 armed push ups, etc
3) ???? who knows what lies ahead!
I find this video very inspiring:
body weight Fitness Goals
- Posts: 43
- Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 am